Sistine Chapel Express and St. Peter’s Basilica Tour
The best way to experience the Vatican’s two busiest attractions without the crowds! Skip the line, early access tickets to see the Sistine Chapel Express and St. Peter’s Basilica Tour in Rome.
▼ Read more
Enter the Sistine Chapel before the general public so you can see Michelangelo’s world-famous frescoes in relative peace. Skip the long lines in front of St. Peter’s Basilica and walk directly into the cathedral. Enjoy comprehensive introductions to both the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter’s Basilica from an expert, English-speaking guide!
- Duration: 2.5 hour(s)
- Available: Mon, Thu, Sat
- Pick-up: Not available
- Inclusion: Skip the line and Early Entrance to the Vatican museums and St. Peter’s Basilica / Entrance and Reservation Fees / Visual aids to help navigate masterpieces of the Sistine Chapel
Package detail / Schedule Close
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
07:45 Check-in and meet your guide
08:00 Express Tour with skip-the-line accessThis is an express tour for those who have limited time but don’t want to sacrifice the quality of their experience. By taking you through the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter’s Basilica early in the morning, you will beat the crowds and experience these incredible sites in relative peace!
Vatican MuseumsEntering the Vatican Museums a full half hour before the public! Your guide will brief you on some of the finer points of Michelangelo’s frescoes, and give you some tips on what to look out for.
Sistine ChapelSpend 30 minutes admiring the work of Michelangelo within the Sistine Chapel. Use a special door to gain direct entry to St. Peter’s Basilica. Only open to tour groups, this skip the line access could save you hours of waiting in the long security lines!
St Peter's BasilicaYour guide will give you another introduction to the masterpieces you’re about to see – from Bernini’s Baldachin to Michelangelo’s ‘Pieta’ – before leaving you to explore St. Peter’s Basilica on your own.
10:00 Tour Ends
What languages are your tours conducted in?
- English. This tour does not operate in multi-language, which means you’ll never have to wait for translations.
How will I recognize my tour guide?
- Either your tour guide or a tour coordinator will be waiting at the tour meeting point 15 minutes before your tour start time. They will be holding up a sign with the Walks of Italy logo on it.
What If I’m running late to my tour?
- We ask all guests to arrive at the tour meeting point at least 15 minutes before the scheduled start time of their tour. If you have difficulty finding the meeting point or are delayed along the way, please call the emergency phone number, (Italy) +39-069-480-4888 not the regular customer service number.
How far in advance should I book my tour?
- It’s hard to say. We recommend booking as soon as you can as these services often sell out in advance and have limited-availability. If you know what tour you want to book though, we would always say to book as soon as you can.
The tour description says tour is 'all-inclusive'. What does that mean?
- It means the tour price listed on our website includes all ticket, reservation and entrance fees. There won’t be any nasty surprises on the day of your tour, so you could leave your wallet at home (unless you felt like tipping your tour guide).
Do you accept last-minute bookings?
- When we have space! Check the website for availability first. If you can’t find what you’re looking for there is a chance that it's sold out or it may just be off-sale because it's within a day or two of tour running time.
Should I tip my tour guide?
- It’s really up to you. If you enjoyed your tour and feel like you received exemplary service from your guide, it is customary to leave a tip at the end of the tour. It’s not obligatory though and we won’t hold it against you if you don't – nor will your guide.
Can I take your tours if I have walking difficulties or require a wheelchair?
- Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate wheelchairs on most of our group tours for a variety reasons. That said, in most cases we can serve wheelchair users on our private tours, to allow the guide to adapt the route to their particular requirements. Please get in touch with us before you book, however, and be aware that guests are responsible for propelling their own chairs – guides will be unable to do this.
I am traveling with a small child – can I bring a stroller with me?
- Not on all tours. Please get in touch with our us before bringing a stroller on your tour. Some sites will not allow you to bring a stroller inside and we may not have suitable storage options. If you let us know in advance we can help you to arrange a suitable solution.
What should I bring on my tour?
- We recommend all customers bring photo ID with their date of birth listed plus the confirmation voucher. For all tours involving walking, we would recommend that you wear comfortable shoes. If you’re visiting in warm weather (May – Sep) we recommend that you bring sunscreen, a bottle of water (which you can refill along the way) and a hat. During the cooler months we would recommend that you bring a coat and possibly a rain jacket and/or umbrella.
It’s raining, is my tour still running?
- Yes! The tours run rain or shine. On some very rare occasions, when the weather is particularly dramatic, some outdoor sites may be closed. On these occasions we will try to contact you in advance, where we have warning.
What’s the difference between a ‘group’ and a ‘private’ tour?
- A group tour is one where you join a group of other travellers and a single guide – our groups are usually around 12 people, although they can be a little larger, particularly on day trips. Because our groups are so small, you’ll still find it easy to hear and interact with your guide and it's more effective than a private tour, which is when you pay to have your own personal tour guide (and/or transfer) just for you.
Please click HERE to send an inquiry about this activity
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made after 00:00 local time, 3 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
Taxes & fees included
1% Reward Points
|Availability||Mon, Thu, Sat|
LATEST 5-STAR REVIEWS
This is a great tour especially if you are into this sort of thing. There was just so many people that is was very crowded. Not to mention the fact that the rooms were small. Be prepared. Overall, gre...more