Original Venice Walking Tour Instant Confirmation
Explore the hidden side of Venice on a 2 hour walking tour taking in sights such as St. Marks Basilica, Doges Palace, Venetian Architecture and Marco Polo's House!
▼ Read more
This walking tour is the perfect introduction to Venice! With a local, expert guide you will discover the history of this beautiful Italian town from its beginnings to present day. Visit the most popular of Venice's attractions and famous landmarks - plus skip the line tickets for St. Marks Basilica!
- Duration: 2.5 hour(s)
- Available: Daily
- Pick-up: Not available
- Inclusion: English-speaking guide / Skip the line tickets to Saint Mark's Basilica / Head-sets to follow your expert guides commentary
Package detail / Schedule Close
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
09:50 Check-in and meet your guide - holding an Original Venice Walk sign
10:00 First stop: St Mark's SquareAvoid the queues with your skip the line tickets to St Mark's Basilica! You expert guide will take you on a tour here, and around the square to admire the Doge's Palace, Bell Tower, Clock Tower, the famous Bridge of sighs and other famous monuments.
Waking tour of hidden VeniceVenice is an open-air museum in itself! Stroll along the canals, winding narrow passageways, over delicate bridges following your expert guide passed Venice's most important monuments.
Discuss Venetian Architecture and the Mercantile EmpireDiscover Campo Santa Maria Formosa and the Cannaregio district on a lively walk through Venice's back streets. Admire the Pantheon and learn about illustrious Venetian characters like Marco Polo as well as more common citizens.
From past to present ....Finally, learn what it's like to live in Venice today! Your guide will bring from past to the present as your tour is completed.
12:00 Tour ends near Rialto Bridge
Is there a dress code for St Mark's Basilica?
- As this is a religious building, shoulders and knees must be covered to enter St Marks basilica. For security measures, large bags are not allowed inside the basilica.
Is this tour suitable for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities?
- This tour is of a historical area and is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities. However, please contact us directly and we will be able to arrange alternative routes suitable for you!
Will the tour still take place during 'high water'?
- During high water, the tour will still take place it will just be adapted for the weather conditions. On those occasions when St Mark’s Basilica is open with high water, skip the line tickets will not be accepted as all visitors have only 1 door open to get in the church.
Please click HERE to send an inquiry about this activity
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made after 07:30 local time, 1 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.