Trail of the Eagles' Nests and Polish Castle One Day Tour from Krakow
Travel from Krakow and follow the trail of the Eagles' Nests and discover the history and legends of 3 medieval castles in south-western Poland: Ojców Castle, Pieskowa Skała and Ogrodzieniec Castle.
▼ Read more
Follow the footsteps of medieval kings and knights in Poland and discover the fascinating history of Polish castles along the Eagles' Nests trail, one of the most beautiful tourist trails in Poland.
The tour includes a visit to the Castle in Ojców towering over the Prądnik Valley, a Renaissance castle in Pieskowa Skała and the largest castle in Krakow-Czestochowa Upland - Ogrodzieniec, which according to the legend is haunted by ghosts.
- Duration (incl. transportation): 7 - 7.5 hour(s)
- Available: Sun, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat
- Pick-up: Available
- Inclusion: General admission (all attractions included) / English-speaking guide / Transport in a comfortable coach or minivan / Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Package detail / Schedule Close
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
08:30-09:00 Free Hotel Pick-up
Tour departs from Krakow
Eagles' Nests TrailPlaced in the Cracow-Czestochowa Upland, the area of beautiful forest-covered hills, cliffs, valleys and vast limestone formations that create an impression of extraordinary harmony between the human and the environment.
Ojców CasteThe first dtop is Ojców Caste built under the reign of Casimir III the Great in the second half of the 14th century. According to the legend, the name of the fortress (initially "Ociec" = Father) was supposed to commemorate the king's father, Władysław I the Elbow-high, and his fight for the throne.
Pieskowa Skała CastleThe Castle in Pieskowa Skała near Ojców was constructed as a royal castle and is currently listed amongst the most precious monuments of Polish Renaissance architecture.
Ogrodzieniec CastleThe Castle in Ogrodzieniec is an example of Gothic architecture and is situated on the highest peak of the Upland - the Castle Hill. Some claim the castle to be haunted by the ghost of the Black Dog from Ogrodzieniec who appears sometimes at night and runs around the ruins and along the walls.
16:00 Arrival back in Krakow
- If less than 2 participants are booked, the activity may not operate.
- There will be no time for lunch break, so please bring a packed lunch.
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made after 07:00 local time, 1 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.