Rhine Falls and Stein am Rhein Afternoon Tour from Zurich
Enjoy a half day tour from Zurich to the Rhine Falls, the biggest waterfall in Europe. You will also visit the picturesque Laufen Castle and enjoy a stroll in the medieval town of Stein am Rhein.
▼ Read more
This enchanting afternoon tour shows you the beauty of Northern Switzerland - the stunning Rhine Falls and the medieval town of Stein am Rhein. Feel the roar and vibration of Europe's biggest waterfalls at the castle Laufen and learn about medieval history on a stroll through the charming town of Stein am Rhein.
- Duration: 5 - 5.5 hour(s)
- Available: Sun, Tue, Thu, Sat
- Pick-up: Not available
- Inclusion: English-speaking guide / Transportation in a comfortable coach / Entrance fee to Schloss Laufen and Rhine Falls with panorama glass lift / Historama castle museum and viewing platform Känzeli entrance fee
Package detail / Schedule Close
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
13:30 Tour departs from Zurich
Scenic drive to Northern Switzerland and Rhine FallsThe journey takes you to Northern Switzerland, a beautiful wine growing region with charming farming villages and picturesque landscape located close to the German border. Reach the first highlight at the splendid medieval castle Laufen: the mighty Rhine Falls.
Rhine FallsEnjoy unique views from the panoramic lift and see how an average of 700'000 liters of water per second plunge across a width of 150 meters into the basin below. The Belvedere panoramic trail brings you to the viewing platform right above the falls where you feel the spindrift of the rumbling waters
Stein am RheinContinue via Schaffhausen with its well-known Munot Fortress and through beautiful countryside with gently rolling vineyards and farming villages to the charming town of Stein am Rhein.
Guided tour through the medieval townLearn about the well-preserved old town on a stroll and see the many distinctive medieval buildings such as the church, the former monastery of St. Georgen, the town houses, the gates and towers as well as the town hall and armory. After the tour enjoy some free time to explore on your own.
18:30 Arrival back in Zurich
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made after 08:00 local time, 2 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
- Within 48 hours before the tour start, amendments can be made against a handling fee of CHF 20.00 per booking. You will pay this fee directly at the check-in, before starting the tour.
Taxes & fees included
1% Reward Points
|Duration||5 - 5.5 hour(s)|
|Availability||Sun, Tue, Thu, Sat|