London Evening Bike Tour along the River Thames with a drink at English pub Instant Confirmation
Watch the sun set over the majestic Thames river on an evening bike tour of London. Don’t miss the city lights glistening over Tower Bridge from the comfy seat of the bike.
▼ Read more
This tour will cycle you through the heart of the city taking in many of the iconic London sites as well as getting a feel for the mystery and romance of London's riverside by twilight. While cycling is relaxed, guests often find that it can be thirsty work so we make sure to pop into one of London's best local pubs along the way (drink included).
- Duration: 4.5 hour(s)
- Available: Thu, Fri, Sat
- Pick-up: Not available
- Inclusion: English-speaking guide / Bike / Helmet (provided but optional) / Fully guided tour by bike along the London River Thames / Stop in a 400 year old English pub with a drink of your choice included in the tour price
Package detail / Schedule Close
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
18:00 London Bike Tour departs along the River Thames
The London EyeDespite being widely ridiculed when it first opened, the London Eye is now one of the most recognizable and loved structures in London. On a clear day, it offers you a truly spectacular, panoramic view of the city.
Tower BridgeOne of the most stunning and iconic bridges in the world, Tower Bridge was built nearly 60 years into the reign of Queen Victoria and during the height of the British Empire. You will have the opportunity to take photos at its most spectacular vantage point then cycle across it.
St. Paul's CathedralSt. Paul’s Cathedral is the defining masterpiece of Sir Christopher Wren’s architectural genius. The ground upon which it is built has been considered sacred for thousands of years.
The Tower of LondonOriginally built by William the Conqueror, this World Heritage site has been used as a royal residence, prison, observatory, treasury, mint, and even a zoo. The top of the list of recognizable prisoners includes: Saint Thomas More, Sir Walter Raleigh, Guy Fawkes and Anne Boleyn.
Shakespeare's GlobeIn the shadows of the historically accurate recreation of the Globe Theatre, learn about the less trumpeted side of William Shakespeare and his direct impact on our 21st century lives.
London BridgeThere has been over 10 bridges on this site dating back to Roman times nearly 2000 years ago. Some were carried away by the tides, others burnt down and one was pulled down by a vengeful king giving rise to the famous nursery rhyme "London Bridge is Falling Down".
A Drink in a 400 Year Old English PubHalf way through the tour let us show you one of London's best historic pubs and treat you to drink (included!) in an establishment that has stood on the sight for the best part of 1000 years.
Big BenAttached to the houses of parliament, Big Ben actually refers to the 13 tonne hour-bell within the clock tower. London first heard the chimes on May 31, 1859.
Leadenhall MarketHarry Potter fans might recognise this as the film location for Diagon Alley. A marketplace for the last 600 years, today you'll find a fantastic off-the-beaten-path place to shop.
The MonumentThe Monument was built by Christopher Wren to commemorate the Great Fire of London in 1666. The magnificent 61-metre column acts as a symbol of London’s faith in itself and offers an amazing panorama of the surrounding area.
22:00 Evening bike tour of London ends
Where is the meeting point for the London Evening Bike Tour along the River Thames?
- The evening tours meet directly outside Southwark Underground Station (Jubilee Line) where you will see your guide holding a sign.
Is the London Evening Bike Tour along the River Thames difficult?
- There is a lot of riding on the road for this tour itinerary. You must be confident on a bike.
Book the Royal London Bike Tour (during the day) if you want to avoid roads as this itinerary is mostly in the Royal Parks of London and away from traffic. The cycling is not intimidating or strenuous but if you are not a confident cyclist then we recommend the Royal London Bike Tour as a better option for you. Children are welcome on this tour but should be competent and confident on a bike.
What happens if it rains?
- The tours run rain or shine and plenty of rain ponchos are available. The tours in the rain can be a different kind of fun and an even more fun memory! If you have a reservation and the weather is really bad, you are welcome to reschedule the tour for any other day for up to year but you must call to arrange in advance.
Do we take a break on the London Evening Bike Tour along the River Thames?
- Yes. We stop about half way into the tour for a drink at a 400 year old pub (drink included).
Where does the London Evening Bike Tour along the River Thames end?
- The tour finishes at the same place it starts.
Do we go inside the sites and attractions of London?
- No, the London Evening Bike Tour along the River Thames offers an overview of the sites and more about getting a feel for the city. There's plenty of photo opportunities in front of many famous landmarks like the London Eye, St. Paul's Cathedral, Tower of London, Shakespeare's Globe and a 400 year old English pub!
Is there a space to store bags or luggage?
- There is limited space for luggage to be left in the garage, and you can strap smaller bags to the rack on the back of the bikes.
Can I supply my own bike on the London Evening Bike Tour along the River Thames?
- All bikes are provided but you are welcome to bring your own bicycle and will receive a discount of 10%. The insurance only covers the theft of tour bicycles, so please do bring your own lock for the lunch stop. Advise at time of booking if you intend to bring your own bike to qualify for the discount.
Do you have children's bikes?
- Yes. Limited amount of children's bikes and baby seats are available. Unfortunately there are no tag-alongs available for this tour. You and your children will need to be comfortable cycling alongside traffic for this tour, so if you are at all unsure about your child's ability to cycle on the roads in London, the Royal London Bike Tour might be the better option for you because the bulk of the itinerary is designed to ride through London's Royal Parks. Please be sure to specify at time of booking.
Are helmets provided on the London Evening Bike Tour along the River Thames?
- Yes. You are not compelled by law to wear helmets in the UK, but we have more than enough for everyone so the choice is entirely yours.
Please click HERE to send an inquiry about this activity
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made after 19:00 local time, 4 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.