Small Group Day Trip from London: Stonehenge, Glastonbury and Avebury
A day trip in King Arthurs Realm! Learn about the legends of King Arthur, the mystical Island of Avalon and explore Stonehenge, the ancient stone circles in the Kingdom of Wessex.
▼ Read more
On this small group day tour from London, you will discover the myths and legends of King Arthur, the stories behind this famous British hero and then separate the truth from fiction. We head to the spectacular west country of England!
- Duration (incl. transportation): 10 - 11.5 hour(s)
- Available: Fri
- Pick-up: Available
- Inclusion: English-speaking guide / Entrance to Stonehenge site and Visitor Centre / Stonehenge audio-guide / Entrance to Chalice Well Gardens
Package detail / Schedule Close
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
07:10-08:00 Pick Up and Tour Departure
Learn about 5,000 years of history at StonehengeYour guide will explain what we now understand, and then reveal theories and ideas that still have historians debating right up to today. Astronomical clock, calender, place of worship, burial site for the elite? You can ponder the theories as you walk around the stones and admire the views.
Glastonbury and ruins of St Michael's ChurchContinue west to Celtic lands, towards the Isle of Avalon and mystical Glastonbury to view the ruins of St Michael's Church. Descend to the Chalice Well Gardens to learn of an older legend of Joseph of Aramathea and the Chalice from the Last Supper. Continue with Arthur and Guinevere's grave site.
Lunch & Free TimeThere will be time for lunch (not included in the tour price) among quirky little boutiques. You'll see the huge stone rings of Avebury and the mysterious Silbury Hill, Europe's tallest prehistoric man made monument.
18:00-18:30 Check Out at Victoria Station
Booking Requirements (# of participants, vehicles, hours, etc.)
- You can book a maximum of 16.
Why choose this Small Group Day Trip from London: Stonehenge, Glastonbury and Avebury?
- On this tour you will be travelling with no more than 16 other people - guaranteed! The purpose-built minibuses have large windows, good air circulation and clear PA systems so that your professional guide can escort you comfortably through our wonderful country. The itineraries are carefully planned (with many years of experience) so that you discover as much as possible, without spending too much time on the road. As travel in conducted in smaller vehicles, you will normally use the most scenic routes, where large coach are prohibited from travelling. Additionally, the group sizes are smaller and you are able to spend more time out of the vehicle. This tour also offers the very best driver/guides!
Please click HERE to send an inquiry about this activity
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made between the booking confirmation date to 18:00 local time, 28 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 20% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made between 18:00 local time, 28 business days to 18:00 local time, 15 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 50% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made after 18:00 local time, 15 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.