Small Group Day Trip from London: Bath, Lacock, Cotswolds and Stonehenge
Visit some of the most beautiful sites in England in a single day. From the Georgian splendour of Bath and the mystery of Stonehenge to the stunning beauty of the charming village of Lacock.
▼ Read more
This day tour from London offers friendly and professional guides, small groups (maximum 16 guests!) so you can travel more scenic routes and enjoy more sightseeing time. Explore the best landscapes the west of England has to offer. The rolling limestone hills of the Cotswolds, ancient Neolithic sites of Wessex, the Georgian splendour of the city of Bath and the enigmatic circle of Stonehenge.
- Duration (incl. transportation): 10.5 - 11.5 hour(s)
- Available: Tue
- Pick-up: Available
- Inclusion: English-speaking guide / Entrance to Roman Baths Museum and fully guided tour of the city of Bath, including the Royal Crescent, Royal Circus and the Assembly Rooms / Guided walking tour of Lacock / Entrance to Stonehenge / travel in a comfortable purpose-built minibus from Central London
Package detail / Schedule Close
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
07:10-07:50 Pick-up and tour departure
Small Group Day Trip from London: Bath, Lacock, Cotswolds and StonehengeTake the old coach road to Bath, through Hungerford, Marlborough and through the Savernake Forest. Evidence of this once important route lies all around you, historic coaching inns, and subtle change in the landscape as you travel into the golden stone villages of the Cotswold and Mendip hills.
LacockStop in Lacock, a perfectly preserved village and often used as a backdrop to such films as the Cranford Chronicles, Pride and Prejudice and Harry Potter. After a guided walking tour, enjoy free time to explore and take morning coffee before you continue towards the Avon valley and the city of Bath.
BathVisitors have been coming to Bath for centuries, owing to the hot springs that bubble up to the surface. Bath was beautifully re-invented in the 18th century when it became the fashionable place to see. Elegant crescents, squares and terraces were built as the rich and famous travelled from London.
BathThe fully guided tour of the city includes admission to the Roman Baths museum and a tour of the highlights of Georgian Bath, including the Royal Crescent, Royal Circus and the Assembly Rooms.
Free time in BathAfter lunch and free time, meet again and travel through mysterious Wessex, taking the back roads, through villages of flintstone and thatch and onwards to Salisbury Plain and the enigmatic circle of Stonehenge. Facts and theories abound, where and why, who were the builders, what was it used for?
StonehengeDuring your guided tour of Stonehenge, learn about the different periods of building stretching back 5,000 years. Learn learn of the people that worship there and of the various ideas of its alignments and purpose. It is here, amongst the stone age landscape of Wiltshire, that you'll end the tour.
Return to LondonOn the return to London your driver will drop you at Victoria Train Station in the city centre. This is one of the largest transport stations in London, with excellent connections to all parts of London and beyond.
Why choose this Small Group Day Trip from London: Bath, Lacock, Cotswolds and Stonehenge?
- On this tour you will be travelling with no more than 16 other people - guaranteed! The purpose-built minibuses have large windows, good air circulation and clear PA systems so that your professional guide can escort you comfortably through our wonderful country. The itineraries are carefully planned (with many years of experience) so that you discover as much as possible, without spending too much time on the road. As travel in conducted in smaller vehicles, you will normally use the most scenic routes, where large coach are prohibited from travelling. Additionally, the group sizes are smaller and you are able to spend more time out of the vehicle. This tour also offers the very best driver/guides!
Please click HERE to send an inquiry about this activity
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made between the booking confirmation date to 18:00 local time, 28 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 20% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made between 18:00 local time, 28 business days to 18:00 local time, 15 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 50% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made after 18:00 local time, 15 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
Taxes & fees included
1% Reward Points
|Duration incl. transportation||10.5 - 11.5 hour(s)|
LATEST 5-STAR REVIEWS
Had a great experience. Our guide Andrew was excellent. He clearly knew his stuff, and he was very friendly and talkative with the entire group. Logistically, things were professional and handled well...more