Small Group Day Trip from London: Oxford, Cotswolds and Stratford Upon Avon
Visit the home and birthplace of Shakespeare, England's greatest writer, in Stratford Upon Avon, then explore stunning Cotswolds villages. Continue with the home of the world famous Oxford University
▼ Read more
See Oxford, Cotswolds and Shakespeare's Stratford. This day tour from London offers friendly and professional guides, small groups (maximum 16 guests!) so you can travel more scenic routes and enjoy more sightseeing time.
- Duration (incl. transportation): 10.5 - 11.5 hour(s)
- Available: Sun, Thu
- Pick-up: Available
- Inclusion: English-speaking guide / Entrance to Shakespeare's Birthplace / Guided tour of Stratfod Upon Avon, including visits to Shakespeare's grave and Anne Hathaway Cottage / Visit to Burford and Stow-on-the-Wold and to the charming twins of Upper and Lower Slaughter in the Cotswolds / Guided walking tour of Oxford plus entry to Divinity School / Travel in executive, comfortable purpose-built minicoach from Central London with a maximum group size 16 people
Package detail / Schedule Close
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
07:10-07:50 Pick-up and Tour Departure
Shakespeare's Stratford-Upon-AvonThis day tour from London begins with a visit to Stratford Upon Avon in Warwickshire. Known the world over as the birthplace of the great poet William Shakespeare, you'll visit the house where he was born (entry included) and to Holy Trinity church where he was both baptised and buried.
Stratford-Upon-AvonAfter a guided tour of Stratford-Upon-Avon and some free time you will continue for a photo stop at Anne Hathaway's cottage, a beautiful timber-framed thatched farmhouse that was Shakespeare's wife's childhood home before travelling south through the stunning Cotswolds.
Meander down country lanes and through Cotswolds villagesFind the little back roads taking you away from the busy highways. Meander down country lanes, through villages of honey coloured stone, passing Cotswolds Hills to Burford and Stow-on-the-Wold and to the charming twins of Upper and Lower Slaughter.
Lunch in one of the villages and drive to OxfordStop for a leisurely lunch at one of the villages in the Cotswolds (meals not included) before driving to Oxford, the home of oldest English speaking university in the world. The journey from the Cotswolds to Oxford is approx. 30 minutes and we then arrive in the 'city of dreaming spires'.
Oxford, the City of Dreaming SpiresYour visit of Oxford begins with a guided walking tour amongst the cloisters and quadrangles of Britain's oldest University, founded in 1167 when King Henry II banned English students from attending the University of Paris.
The guided walking tour of OxfordThe Oxford walking tour take you into the heart of the city. See the Bodleian Library, Radcliffe Camera, Sheldonian Theatre and University buildings. Entry is included to the Divinty School, built in 1488 for the teaching of theology. It is the University's earliest purpose built teaching room.
Free time in Oxford and return to LondonAfter the guided walking tour of Oxford, there will be some free time to enjoy the city, before taking the short drive to London. Your driver will drop you at Victoria Train Station. This is one of the largest transport stations in London, with excellent connections to any part of London and beyond.
- Meals are not included in the price.
Why choose this Small Group Day Trip from London: Oxford, Cotswolds and Stratford Upon Avon?
- On this tour you will be travelling with no more than 16 other people - guaranteed! The purpose-built minibuses have large windows, good air circulation and clear PA systems so that your professional guide can escort you comfortably through our wonderful country. The itineraries are carefully planned (with many years of experience) so that you discover as much as possible, without spending too much time on the road. As travel in conducted in smaller vehicles, you will normally use the most scenic routes, where large coach are prohibited from travelling. Additionally, the group sizes are smaller and you are able to spend more time out of the vehicle. This tour also offers the very best driver/guides!
Please click HERE to send an inquiry about this activity
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made between the booking confirmation date to 18:00 local time, 28 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 20% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made between 18:00 local time, 28 business days to 18:00 local time, 15 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 50% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made after 18:00 local time, 15 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.