World War II Tour of the Brooklyn Navy Yard
Tour the historic Brooklyn Navy Yard and discover its pivotal role in World War II, as producer of the world's most famous battleships and aircraft carriers.
Get an in depth look at the historic Brooklyn Navy Yard, producer of fighting ships like the USS Arizona and the USS Missouri. Be transported back in time as you ride around this 300 acre yard by bus with lots of opportunities to stop and explore along the way. Thanks to its 70,000 workers, the Brooklyn Navy Yard once became the world’s busiest shipyard, earning the nickname “The Can-Do Yard” for its ability to patch up wounded ships and quickly put them back in action. Discover the role of NYC in the war efforts, and visit places like the former ship assembly shops and Dry Dock 1.
▼ Read more
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
13:45 Check-in at Building 92
World War II Tour of the Brooklyn Navy Yard (2 hrs)
- With at least 24 hours advance notice, FM assisted listening devices with headsets or neck loops can be made available.
- With at least 24 hours advance notice, staff members who are experienced in verbal description and offering touch tours for visitors who are blind or have low vision can be made available.
- This activity is wheelchair accessible.
- Children of all ages can participate in this activity.
Required Items to Bring & Attire
- Weather appropriate clothing
- Bottled water
- Walking shoes
Requirement(s) - Others
- Please call the activity provider the day before to reconfirm your booking. Your voucher has the necessary contact information listed.
- The activity schedule is subject to change or cancellation due to weather or traffic conditions.
- The activity provider does not assume any responsibility for your valuables and/or personal belongings.
- Gratuity is not included in the price.
Booking Requirements (# of participants, vehicles, hours, etc.)
- You can book a maximum of 16.
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made after 18:00 local time, 3 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.