New York City Freedom Trail, Slavery & Underground Railroad Tour Instant Confirmation
Join this unique walking tour following the Freedom Trail in NYC and discover the people and networks who saved so many people from the American slave trade.
Follow the Freedom Trail in New York City as your professional guide shares the exciting history of a band of brave men and women who formed the networks that became the Underground Railroad. Follow along and visit an archaeological site and memorial dedicated to the memory of enslaved Africans in colonial America and even a former station that was part of the Underground Railroad. From the riots, revolts and dramatic escapes to tales of courage and triumph, you will discover the stories of real New Yorkers who risked their lives to help those affected by the American slave trade.
▼ Read more
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
12:45 Meet your guide at Museum of the American Indian
13:00 Slavery and Underground Railroad Tour (2.5 hrs)
15:30 Tour concludes at African Burial Ground National Monument
- This activity is not wheelchair accessible.
- Participants must be able to comfortably walk over pavement for an hour or more.
- Children of all ages can participate in this activity.
Required Items to Bring & Attire
- Bottled water
- Walking shoes
- Sweatshirt / light jacket
- Gratuity is not included in the price.
- The activity schedule is subject to change or cancellation due to weather or traffic conditions.
- The activity provider does not assume any responsibility for your valuables and/or personal belongings.
- The tour guide has full discretion to refuse service to customers based on attire, behavior, physical fitness and condition.
Booking Requirements (# of participants, vehicles, hours, etc.)
- You can book a maximum of 26.
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made after the booking confirmation date will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.