Maiko Experience with Traditional Kaiseki Dinner at Gion Hatanaka in Kyoto
Meet the beautiful trainee geisha of Kyoto and witness the secret traditions of Japan. Enjoy an evening of culture, entertainment and delicious food with the iconic geisha and maiko.
Experience the rich history of Kyoto brought to life as you enjoy dinner with a maiko. A truly rare experience, maiko and geisha rarely receive an audience without a recommendation from a regular, well-known client. Exclusively at Gion Hatanaka, take this unique opportunity to savor a gourmet Japanese kaiseki dinner (a traditional meal with several courses) while enjoying the music, song, dance, and games of some of the most accomplished maiko in Kyoto. An English speaking interpreter is on hand to make your fabulous Kyoto dinner and show a smooth, delightful and magical tour.
▼ Read more
As this is a very popular activity, we recommend booking at least one month in advance, and providing three available times.
Child fare will come with a Japanese meal for children.
- Duration: 2.5 hour(s)
- Available: Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat
- Pick-up: Not available
- Inclusion: Open bar (all-you-can-drink) / Dinner / Photo service / English-speaking assistant / Maiko entertainment (song and dance)
Package detail / Schedule Close
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
17:30 Check-in at Gion Hatanaka
18:00 Maiko Performance, Dinner and Drink Service BeginsEnjoy a graceful performance by the maiko. They train for six years before becoming fully fledged Geisha and learn dancing, singing, playing musical instruments, and the art of conversation. The drinks and delicious dinner service will take place during the show.
19:00 Party Games with the MaikoA few lucky guests will be able to play traditional Japanese party games, such as 'Tora Tora' and other funny drinking games!
Photo Time with MaikoBefore the end of your evening, take a picture with the lovely maiko as a memento of your visit to Kyoto.
20:00 Performance and Dinner Ends
- All seats are non smoking.
- There will either be one geiko and one maiko or two maiko performing during the dinner. During peak seasons it may not be possible to book geiko, and so only maiko will be present.
- Child fare will come with a children's size Japanese meal. If you would like your child to have the full meal, please book as an adult.
- Children 6 years old and above can participate in this activity.
Requirement(s) - Others
- Please arrive by 17:30 on the day of your tour.
- One table seats 2 to 4 people.
- Smaller groups (less than 4) may be asked to share their table with fellow guests.
- Unfortunately requests for vegetarian or gluten-free menus cannot be accommodated.
- This tour needs a minimum of 10 people to be booked. If you are not booking for 10 people or more, you may be put on a waiting list or be asked to reschedule to a different day to attend this tour.
- Confirmations regarding your booking will be sent 10 days before your activity date.
- If you wish to book a group of 9 or more, please inquire in advance.
- This tour is operated in Japanese, however there is an English introduction and explanation during the show.
Booking Requirements (# of participants, vehicles, hours, etc.)
- You can book a maximum of 8.
I have special dietary needs. Can the dinner menu be changed?
- Unfortunately, the dinner menu can not be changed, and we are not able to accommodate special dietary needs(e.g. vegetarian, gluten free, allergies- especially seafood)
Please click HERE to send an inquiry about this activity
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made between 17:00 local time, 8 business days to 17:00 local time, 2 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 40% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made after 17:00 local time, 2 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
Taxes & fees included
1% Reward Points
|Availability||Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat|
LATEST 5-STAR REVIEWS
We really enjoyed our experience at Gion Hatanaka. .The dinner was great and the maiko/geiko we met were very poised and kind.
by: willie r.
Went to Kyoto with a friend and we wanted something authentic. This fit the bill perfectly. The Maiko performed well, and look flawless, as expected. The staff was super helpful, and as usual the lang...more
100233 4 [EN_10012_181540, EN_10012_181541, EN_10012_181287, EN_10012_181412]