Private Guided One Day Walking Tour of Historical Nara
Let an experienced guide show you the best spots of Nara. Walk through this historical city and get an in-depth explanation of all the temples and sights.
Trace the long history of Nara on a privately guided walking tour through the city. The certified guide can tell you all about the many national treasures, some over 1,300 years old! A great tour for animal lovers, as you can say hello to the many deer wandering the area as you make your way to the old-fashioned town of Naramachi. Walk the alleys where old merchant townhouses are still in use today.
▼ Read more
- Duration: 6.5 hour(s)
- Available: Daily
- Pick-up: Not available
- Inclusion: Admission / Guidance in the language of your choice / Travel expenses during the tour.
Package detail / Schedule Close
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
09:30 Meet at Kintetsu Nara Station
Todaiji TempleVisit one of the temples listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site and view the world's largest bronze Buddha.
Kofukuji TempleAnother temple as a UNESCO World Heritage Site is the Kofukuji temple. Ask your guide about the history of the Nara Era (AD 710 to 794) as you wander the decorative halls and pagodas.
Naramachi TownStroll through the former merchant district of Nara and learn about the warehouses and traditional townhouse buildings.
Imanishi Seibei BreweryA local brewery of Nara that carries various types of traditional Japanese sake.
Imanishike Shoin LibraryAfter a long day, take a break and examine the traditional cedar structure of the former library of the Muromachi era (AD 1337 to 1573).
16:00 Tour ends at Imanishike Shoin
- Our services are mainly offered in English, but Chinese, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Russian, Korean and Portuguese are also available.
- Fees for transportation during the tour are included. However, for the use of taxis or hired cars there will be additional charges.
- Meals, beverages and sightseeing activities are not included.
- Please follow the guide's instructions during the program to make sure you do not get into any accidents.
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made between 18:00 local time, 15 business days to 18:00 local time, 3 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 20% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made between 18:00 local time, 3 business days to 18:00 local time, 2 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 50% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made after 18:00 local time, 2 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
Taxes & fees included
1% Reward Points
Share your experience with other travelers.
119453 4 [EN_10020_100030, EN_10020_181151, EN_10020_181152, EN_10020_181158, EN_10020_181159, EN_10020_181160, EN_10020_181417, EN_10020_181322, EN_10020_181337, EN_10020_181413]