Nahra River Sidestream Mangrove and Jungle Canoeing Course on Iriomote
Paddle along hidden spots on Iriomote Island as you head up the Nahra river. Enjoy the mangrove forest and a refreshing day among the tropical nature.
▼ Read more
Child fare for elementary students and younger.
- Duration (incl. transportation): 7 - 7.5 hour(s)
- Available: Daily
Hotel or Ports in the Shirahama to Takana areas free (per group)Hotel or Ports in the Shirahama to Takana areas free (per group)
- Inclusion: English-speaking assistant / Japanese-speaking guide / Guide fee / Kayak rental / Insurance fee / Lunch
Package detail / Schedule Close
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
08:30-09:00 Pick-up from Hotel or Shirahama-Takana District Ports
10:00 Tour Preparation
10:30 Mangrove Canoe ExpeditionYou can see real Iriomote nature in this tour. Beautiful scenery surrounds the stream.
11:00 Jungle CruisePaddle along the winding river through narrow streams.
12:30 Marsh WalkTrek on land through the jungle, where huge ferns and the sunshading canopy make it feel like a prehistoric time. Breath deeply in the greenery, and relax.
14:00 Jungle Cruise
15:00 Breaktime at low tideMoss-covered rocks at upper stream
Light filtering through the trees
Fantasy-world like space, comforting nature.
16:00 Drop-off at hotels or Port
- Children 4 years old and above can participate in this activity.
- Pick-up and drop-off service is for the Shirahama to Takana areas, and includes hotels or ports. Please let us know your requested locations when booking.
- Please make sure to call the number on the voucher at 18:00~19:00 the day before the tour. If you get an answering machine, please record "your name," "name of the tour you booked," and "number of people." We will call you back.
We will check:
Reconfirmation of the name of the tour course, the pick-up and drop-off place and pick-up time, your contact number in case of emergency such as sudden weather change, and whether you join the tour following day.
Required Items to Bring & Attire
- Swimwear, marine boots or sneakers to wet (no beach sandals or sport sandals because they are not safe), hats with tying strings, gloves, rain coat and pants, sunglasses.
- Clothes in summer (April-October):
Long sleeve synthetic shirt
Pants that extend below the knee, and are made of synthetic fibers
No jeans allowed.
- Clothes in winter (November-March);
Shirt or wind-resistant rash guard
Pants made of synthetic fibers
*No jeans allowed.
Outer clothes (thin fleece and windbreaker or raincoat)
- If you wear contact lenses:
According to the weather on the day, have goggle or sunglasses to protect your eyes.
- If you bring a camera, have waterproof one. Baggage will get wet from splash for sure. Dropping into the water is a considerable risk. Please be careful.
- Using toilet during tour:
No toilet in the venue, please have plastic bags and toilet paper.
Never leave the used paper, take back in plastic bag.
- Ferry fare to Iriomote island is not included in the price.
- Schedule may change due to the weather and tidal conditions.
- This tour will be held primarily in Japanese with some English assistance available.
Booking Requirements (# of participants, vehicles, hours, etc.)
- You can book a minimum of 2 and maximum of 3.
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made between 18:00 local time, 8 business days to 18:00 local time, 1 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 50% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made after 18:00 local time, 1 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.