Sea Kayaking and Mangrove Kayaking Tour of Iriomote Island
Enjoy an introduction to sea kayaking for beginners and cross the Funauki Gulf before getting on a kayak heading to Mizuochi Waterfall and seeing mangroves.
▼ Read more
Child fee for the primary schoolchild and younger.
- Duration (incl. transportation): 7 - 7.5 hour(s)
- Available: Daily
Hotel or Ports in the Shirahama to Takana areas free (per group)Hotel or Ports in the Shirahama to Takana areas free (per group)
- Inclusion: English-speaking assistant / Japanese-speaking guide / Guiding fee / Rental fee of the kayak set / Insurance fee / Lunch
Package detail / Schedule Close
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
08:30-09:00 Pick-up from Hotel or Shirahama-Takana District Ports
10:00 Predeparture Lecture and Departure
11:00 MotonariyazakiRelax and take a small break.
11:15 Sea Kayaking in Funauki GulfEnjoy a relaxed pace and slowly kayak over the Gulf.
11:30 Charcoal BeachThis harshly named island is lushly jungled, and provides a home to terns as they summer between migrations.
13:00 Charcoal Beach to Kuira River
13:30 Kuira River Canoeing
14:00 Mizuochi Waterfall.
14:30 Sea kayaking in Funauki Gulf
15:00 MotonariyazakiEnjoy the peaceful cave and cool air.
15:30 Return to Shirahama Port
16:00 Drop-off at hotels or Port
- Pick-up and drop-off service is for the Shirahama to Takana areas, and includes hotels or ports. Please let us know your requested locations when booking.
- Please make sure to call the number on the voucher at 18:00~19:00 the day before the tour. If you get an answering machine, please record "your name," "name of the tour you booked," and "number of people." We will call you back.
We will check:
Reconfirmation of the name of the tour course, the pick-up and drop-off place and pick-up time, your contact number in case of emergency such as sudden weather change, and whether you join the tour following day.
Required Items to Bring & Attire
- Swimwear, marine boots or sneakers to wet (no beach sandals or sport sandals because they are not safe), hats with tying strings, gloves, rain coat and pants, sunglasses.
- Clothes in summer (April-October):
Long sleeve synthetic shirt
Pants that extend below the knee, and are made of synthetic fibers
No jeans allowed.
- Clothes in winter (November-March);
Shirt or wind-resistant rash guard
Pants made of synthetic fibers
*No jeans allowed.
Outer clothes (thin fleece and windbreaker or raincoat)
- If you wear contact lenses:
According to the weather on the day, have goggle or sunglasses to protect your eyes.
- If you bring a camera, have waterproof one. Baggage will get wet from splash for sure. Dropping into the water is a considerable risk. Please be careful.
- Using toilet during tour:
No toilet in the venue, please have plastic bags and toilet paper.
Never leave the used paper, take back in plastic bag.
- Ferry fare to Iriomote island is not included in the price.
- Schedule may change due to the weather and tidal conditions.
- This tour will be held primarily in Japanese, but some English assistance is available.
Booking Requirements (# of participants, vehicles, hours, etc.)
- You can book a minimum of 2 and maximum of 3.
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made between 18:00 local time, 8 business days to 18:00 local time, 1 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 50% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made after 18:00 local time, 1 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
Taxes & fees included
1% Reward Points
|Duration incl. transportation||7 - 7.5 hour(s)|
Share your experience with other travelers.
117440 4 [EN_10046_164649, EN_10046_164666, EN_10046_181173, EN_10046_181413]