Gangala Valley Nature Expedition Walking Tour
Enter a world of lush green forests inside mysterious underground caves. Explore the beauty of this collapsed cave with an audio guide in English, Chinese or Korean!
Discover this hidden gem of Okinawa by taking a 1 km hike through Gangala Valley with your knowledgeable guide. The Gangala Valley was formerly an underground cave until it collapsed almost 100,000 years ago. Forests began to form around the cave, which created an interesting plant formation that still remains today. It is also said that primitive Japanese people lived in the area around 18,000 years ago, from items found during excavations. Take a relaxing walk through the massive area and learn about the ancient world up close!
▼ Read more
Student discounts for high school, college and students in specialized studies.
- Duration: 1.5 hour(s)
- Available: Daily
- Pick-up: Not available
- Inclusion: Beverages / English audio guide / Japanese-speaking guide / Chinese audio guide / Guide fee
Package detail / Schedule Close
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
09:50 Meet at Cave Cafe
10:00 Begin TourListen to a brief introduction about the area before starting your walk.
Forest WalkWalk through and discover the tropical plant life among the rich greens of the forest.
Inagu Cave and Ikiga CaveTake your lamps and enter the caves with mighty stalactites and stalagmites!
Symbol of GangalaMake your way toward the symbol of the Galanga valley, the tree of Gajyumaru. The ancient tree is said to be the guardian that has been living and protecting the forest for hundreds of years!
Tree TerraceA secret observatory built high above the trees of Gangala. Observe the magnificent view from above and examine the beautiful panoramic scenery of Okinawa.
Ancient CaveLearn about the primitive Japanese people that may have lived here through ancient artifacts and discoveries!
11:20 Tour Ends in Okinawa World
- Anyone that can climb up and down stairs and walk may join. Toddlers may need to be carried or assisted in some areas.
Required Items to Bring & Attire
- You will be walking for about 1 km in the forest. Please come with comfortable shoes suited for walking. Paths are maintained for comfortable sandals as well.
- Tour will operate in rain, but may be subject to cancellation due to severe weather.
- There are no rentals for rain gear. Please bring your own rain gear (poncho recommended) or you may purchase one on the site for 100 JPY.
- There are no bathrooms during the tour. Please use the bathrooms located by the parking lot before the tour.
- The Gangala Valley is not suited for wheelchairs or baby carriages.
- We will provide cold sanpin tea in a bottle that will be distributed before the tour. We will be collecting the bottles at the end of the tour.
- Students below middle school may participate for free with a parent or guardian.
- This tour is guided entirely in Japanese, however there are audio guides for English, Chinese and Korean available.
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made between 18:00 local time, 1 business days to 1 hours prior to the activity start time will be subject to a charge of 50% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made after 1 hours prior to the activity start time will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
Taxes & fees included
1% Reward Points
|Language||English, Japanese, Chinese|
LATEST 5-STAR REVIEWS
I went alone, and it was no problem. The guide's speeches were really good and easy to understand. At the start, each chair had some insect repellent, so that was really helpful!
120123 4 [EN_10045_164654, EN_10045_181152, EN_10045_181158, EN_10045_181159, EN_10045_181160, EN_10045_181410, EN_10045_181411]