Harvesting Experience with a Japanese Farmer in Tokyo
Become a Japanese farmer for a day and harvest fresh vegetables! Interact with the local people and savor your freshly picked vegetables for lunch.
Want to harvest fresh veggies a stone's throw from Tokyo? This is a great opportunity where you can casually enjoy harvesting fresh vegetables within Tokyo. Learn about Japanese urban agriculture and taste the delicious fresh produce! It is simply amazing how tasty the harvested fresh vegetables are. After your efforts relax with a Japanese BBQ during summer or Japanese-style hot pot during winter, and chat with the friendly farmers.
▼ Read more
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
13:00 Pick up from Mitakadai Station
13:15 Introduction and Change into Work Clothes (15 minutes)
13:30 Field Tour (30 minutes)
14:00 Harvest at EcoFarm Takahashi (60 minutes)Spend a fun afternoon harvesting at EcoFarm Takahashi. Their knowledgeable and friendly owner Mr.Takahashi will teach you about farming in Japan. Come and harvest delicious vegetables with him.
15:00 Break (15 minutes)
15:15 Lunch Time! (90 minutes)Enjoy a Japanese BBQ or hot pot lunch, made using the vegetables you just harvested. Chat with the local farmers and experience a totally different side of Tokyo.
16:45 Tour Ends at Mitakadai Station
- Program will be cancelled if the weather conditions are bad. The farmer will decide by 9:00 on the day of the tour, and send an e-mail in case of cancellation. In this case you will receive a full refund.
- We are prepared to do a program in light rain or light snow. There will be no refunds in case of light rain or snow.
- We recommend wearing closed-toe shoes and comfortable clothes that can get dirty.
- Please follow the guide's instruction during the program. We shall not be responsible for any accidents caused by disregard of the instructions.
- Program duration is an estimate and is subject to change depending on the number of participants and/or conditions without prior notice.
- Please advise us if you have any religious or health restrictions, allergies, or any cases where special care is needed.
- Vegetables available to harvest from June to August:
June: Cucumber, Tomatoes, Eggplant, Green pepper, Potatoes, Onions, Red onions
July: Cucumber, Tomatoes, Eggplant, Green pepper, Corns, Winter squash "miyako", Squash, Butternut Squash, Edamame, Basil, Potatoes, Onions, Red onions
August: Cucumber, Tomatoes, Eggplant, Green pepper, Corns, Winter squash "miyako", Squash, Butternut Squash, Edamame
- Vegetables available to harvest from November to December:
November: Carrot, Orange cauliflower, Purple cauliflower, Cauliflower, Broccoli, Turnip, Nappa cabbage, Japanese taro
December: Carrot, Spinach, Japanese mustard, Spinach, Japanese radish, Nappa cabbage, Orange cauliflower, Romanesco broccoli, Broccoli, Turnip
Booking Requirements (# of participants, vehicles, hours, etc.)
- You can book a minimum of 1 and maximum of 8.
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made between 16:00 local time, 8 business days to 16:00 local time, 1 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 20% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made after 16:00 local time, 1 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
Taxes & fees included
1% Reward Points
|Duration incl. transportation||4 hour(s)|
Share your experience with other travelers.
116216 4 [EN_10011_100080, EN_10011_110360, EN_10011_181158, EN_10011_181318, EN_10011_181394, EN_10011_181411]