Beginner Friendly Kendo Lesson with English-Speaking Instructor in Tokyo
Discover the way of the sword through a kendo lesson with an experienced English-speaking instructor. Learn how to use the sword, along with wearing the armor, and discover the art of swordsmanship.
Samurai Towel Gift! (until 2017/07/13)
Take home a samurai towel as a souvenir after your training!
One towel per participant.
Time & Location
Time & Location
07:30-08:00 Meet at JR Uguisudani Station or Pick-up at Hotel
08:00 Check-in at Kendo Dojo
Armor Instruction (20 min)Begin by learning about each part of the kendo armor and how to put on each piece, assisted by your instructor
Learn About the Samurai (10 min)Learn a little bit about the history and the role of the samurai in Japanese history.
Practice Striking (30 min)Take up your bamboo sword and learn the proper posture, how to hold the sword and the basic movements.
Kendo Experience (20 min)After getting used to handling the sword, experience striking an opponent while wearing the full armor.
Demonstration by Your Instructor (10 min)Watch your experienced instructor perform with the sword. See professional swordsmanship up close!
Sparring (20 min)Face off against a fellow opponent to get a feeling for what a real kendo match is like!
11:00-12:00 Activity Ends on Site or Drop-off at Hotel
- Please remove earrings, watches and any other accessories prior to starting the lesson.
- Please follow your guide's instructions at all times. We will not be responsible for any accidents caused by the disregard of instructions.
- The dojo (training place) is a sacred place. Please do not make unnecessary noise or touch things without permission.
- Do not swing the bamboo sword around aimlessly or play around with it.
- When sparring, please be careful when going against opponents that are smaller than you. Please respect your opponent at all times.
- There is a limited number of armor.
If the armor does not fit properly or safely, the lesson plan will be altered.
- Stay hydrated and take breaks during the lesson.
- Please keep all your belongings inside your locker or have the staff keep an eye on any personal belongings.
- You can book a maximum of 30.
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made between 18:00 local time, 8 business days to 18:00 local time, 2 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 20% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made between 18:00 local time, 2 business days to 18:00 local time, 1 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 50% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made after 18:00 local time, 1 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
|Duration incl. transportation||3 - 4.5 hour(s)|