One Day Expedition of Forest of moss in Shiratani Unsuikyo
Enter the world of the Miyazaki movie, Princess Mononoke by spending a day exploring the beautiful moss covered trails and the forest of ancient Japanese cedars.
▼ Read more
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
07:00-08:00 Pick Up or Meet at Field Guide Spinnaker
Trek the Forest of Princess Mononoke (Approx 5-7 hours)Go on a scenic hike through the Shiratani Unsuikyo gorge and head toward the Taikoiwa Rock as you visit areas that resembles scenes from the movie, Princess Mononoke.
12:00-14:00 Tour Ends in Spinnaker or Drop Off at Your Location
- Guests with exhaustion are not permitted to participate in this activity.
- Children 6 years old and above can participate in this activity.
Required Items to Bring & Attire
- Rain wear / Trekking shoes / Backpack / Folding umbrella / Drinks / Snacks / Photocopy of their health insurance card / Towel
- An additional mountain entrance fee of 300 JPY will be needed for those over the age of high school.
- Please notify us of any disabilities or medical conditions you may have when booking this tour.
- We will be giving a confirmation call on your cell phone or your accommodation a day prior to your tour.
- If you do not show up on time at the appointed location on the day of the tour, we will consider it as a cancellation.
- There will be no outdoor lunch areas, but bento lunch boxes will be available for purchase.
- The activity schedule is subject to change or cancellation due to weather or traffic conditions.
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made between 20:00 local time, 7 business days to 20:00 local time, 3 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 10% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made between 20:00 local time, 3 business days to 20:00 local time, 2 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 50% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made after 20:00 local time, 2 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
- No cancellation fee required when you cannot land on Yakushima due to bad weather.
If you do not show up on time at the appointed location on the day of the tour, we will consider it as a cancellation.
Taxes & fees included
1% Reward Points
|Duration incl. transportation||4 - 7 hour(s)|
Share your experience with other travelers.
120931 4 [EN_10016_164514, EN_10016_181211, EN_10016_181337, EN_10016_181410]