Lascaux II and Rouffignac Cave One Day Tour from Sarlat-la-Caneda
During this day from Sarlat-la-Caneda you will be introduced to the fascinating art of the Lascaux Caves and to the people who made cave paintings in the Dordogne area.
▼ Read more
A full day tour to discover fascinating drawings and paintings made more than 13 000 years ago. Enjoy a guided tour of the National Prehistory Museum in Les Eyzines, followed by a visit to world renowned Lascaux II cave. The tour also includes Rouffignac cave to admire original drawings.
- Duration: 8.5 hour(s)
- Available: Daily
- Pick-up: Not available
- Inclusion: English-speaking guide / Entrance to Lascaux II or Lascaux IV / Entrance to Rouffignac cave / Private visit of the Prehistory museum / Transport in a comfortable minivan / Small group of 8 passengers
Package detail / Schedule Close
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
08:50 Meet your guide at the Bus stop - Place Pasteur in Sarlat la Caneda
09:00 Tour starts!
Les Eyzies de Tayac villageBegin the day in Les Eyzies de Tayac for a guided visit of the National Prehistory Museum. Opened in 2004, this national museum possesses the largest collection of prehistoric artifacts in the world.
Montignac village and Lascaux IIVisit Lascaux II cave, a perfect reproduction of the original cave. Opened in 1983, Lascaux II is a triumph of technology, unique in the world. Rigorous scientific and artistic methods were used to recreate the incomparable atmosphere of the original cave.
Rouffignac CaveThe cave possesses original and authentic etchings and drawings. The Rouffignac cave was already mentioned in 1575 by François de Belleforest. In his Cosmographie universelle he cites “paintings and animal traces”. In the 19th century the cave was known as a tourist attraction.
17:00 Tour ends and check-out at the Bus stop - Place Pasteur in Sarlat la Caneda
- If less than 2 participants are booked, the activity may not operate.
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made between 19:00 local time, 8 business days to 19:00 local time, 4 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 10% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made between 19:00 local time, 4 business days to 19:00 local time, 1 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 30% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made after 19:00 local time, 1 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.