Athens Food Market Walking Tour with Food Tastings Instant Confirmation
Discover another side of Athens on this food market walking tour! Athens' markets lie in shadow of the famous Acropolis where a kaleidoscope of colors, smells, tastes and textures await you!
▼ Read more
Your expert and totally passionate about food guide will lead you past produce stalls bursting with color, intoxicating spice shops, enticing sweet shops, and of course the bustling central food market of Athens. Enjoy this unique tour, in the non-touristy area of Athens and acquaint yourself with Greek cuisine in the company of your food specialist guide.
- Duration: 5.5 hour(s)
- Available: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat
- Pick-up: Not available
- Inclusion: English-speaking guide / Athens Guide magazine / Athens Map / Food & Beverages sampling (at least 18 various foods and drinks)
Package detail / Schedule Close
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
09:15 Check-in and meet your guide
09:30 Athens Food tour beginsVisit various specialty food shops, colorful and alluring delicatessens, aromatic and tempting bakeries and sweet shops, restaurants, dairies, spice, grocery and pie shops where you will sample and taste the most traditional Greek food and not just the stereotypes such as "Greek salad” or “moussaka"
Varvakeios food marketA genuine Athenian food tour would not be complete without a visit to the vibrant central Varvakeios food market, with its bustling energy and loud bargaining; this dazzling galaxy of fruit and spice, meat and fish will enchant you.
14:30 Tour ends in the Psiri district
Required Items to Bring & Attire
- Full time students require valid international student cards.
- The tour operates come rain or shine.
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made between 09:30 local time, 3 business days to 09:30 local time, 1 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 50% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made after 09:30 local time, 1 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
Taxes & fees included
1% Reward Points
|Availability||Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat|
Share your experience with other travelers.
104861 4 [EN_31201_160322, EN_31201_169219, EN_31201_160305, EN_31201_160320]