From Galway to Inis Méain or Inis Oírr / Ferry & Bus Transfer / Return
Located in the heart of Galway Bay, the Aran Islands' raw beauty and charm leaves visitors longing to return again and again. There are many Celtic ruins and tombs to remind you of the islands' pasts.
Aran Islands refers to three islands located on the west coast of Ireland. Take the ferry from Galway to Inis Oírr (Inisheer) or to Inis Méain (Inishmaan). Envelop yourself in the strong Irish culture and panoramic landscapes of the islands on a day trip or short stay, it's up to you!
▼ Read more
- Available: Daily
- Pick-up: Not available
- Inclusion: Bus fare / Cruise fee
Package detail / Schedule Close
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
09:20 Check-in at Aran Island Ferry office
09:30 Coach departs from Galway City centre (1 hour)
Transfer to a ship at Ros a' Mhíl
10:30 Sail to Inis Méain or Inis Oírr (45mins)
Inis MéainMeaning "island in the middle" in Irish. The island has a beautiful rustic feel and is steeped in traditional lifestyles. Explore the unusual geology of the limestone pavements and visit the ancient Celtic stone forts.
Inis OírrThe smallest and most eastern of the 3 Aran Islands. The island has a medieval O'Brien castle built in an ancient stone fort and the ecologically important 'grikes' in the landscape on Limestone. There is much to explore on this small island.
Departure from Inis Méain or Inis Oírr
- The activity schedule is subject to change or cancellation due to weather or traffic conditions.
- Student price refers to someone at school full time (5 days a week), over the age of 13yrs.
- When boarding your return journey you must arrive at the harbor 30 minutes before the scheduled departure time.
|Credit card payment|
- A fee of 1/3 will be charged if reservation is cancelled within 24 hours of departure time.
Refunds will not be given if reservations are cancelled within 1.5 hours of departure time.
Refunds will not be given to groups (minimum 10 people) cancelling within 48 hours.