Christian Rome Tour with Holy Stairs and Catacombs of Rome
Visit two of the most important basilicas in the Christian world and see the underground catacombs of Rome. Climb up the Holy Stairs at St. John in Lateran, visit St Mary the Major.
▼ Read more
Enjoy a journey through the Basilicas, Catacombs and ancient streets of Rome! See the Holy Staircase and visit the Basilica of St. John in Lateran, the Cathedral of Rome, and St. Mary Major, then proceed along the ancient Appian Way, passing the Chapel of Domine Quo Vadis before arriving at the Catacombs, the ancient underground cemeteries and hiding places of the Christians.
- Duration (incl. transportation): 3.5 - 4.5 hour(s)
- Available: Mon, Tue, Fri, Sat
- Pick-up: Available
- Inclusion: English-speaking guide / Entry ticket to the Catacombs
Package detail / Schedule Close
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
13:30-14:00 Pick-up from central Rome hotels
14:30 Tour Christian Rome Tour begins
Holy Stairs and the BasilicasAccording to the Catholic tradition, these are the very steps leading up to the praetorium of Pontius Pilate in Jerusalem on which Jesus Christ stepped on his way to trial, moved to Rome by St Helena. Later visit the Basilica of St. John in Lateran, the Cathedral of Rome and St. Mary Major.
Catacombs of RomeProceed along the ancient Appian Way, passing the Chapel of Domine Quo Vadis before arriving at the Catacombs, the ancient underground cemeteries and hiding places of the Christians.
17:30-18:00 Drop-off in central Rome
- Please note that pick-up service is available only from hotels with 24h reception service provided.
Requirement(s) - Others
- In Rome, especially in places of worship, it is strictly forbidden to bring stroller, bulky bags or umbrellas, or to wear low-cut clothing. Shoulders should be covered as well.
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made after 14:30 local time, 2 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.