Tuscany One Day Tour from Rome with Wine Tasting and Lunch Instant Confirmation
See beautiful Tuscany on a one day tour from Rome, enjoy wine tasting and a gourmet Tuscan lunch in an authentic Montalcino vineyard. Visit the Abbey of St. Antimo and hear Gregorian chants live.
Take a break from the chaos of Rome with a Tuscan holiday. The tour will focus on the famous Val D’Orcia region, visiting the historic hill towns of Montepulciano, Pienza and the vineyards of Montalcino. You’ll explore winding streets, catch beautiful views of rolling hills from city walls, hear centuries-old Gregorian chants, stop at a typical Tuscan farm for lunch and have plenty of time left over for sampling world-famous foods and wine – all locally produced. If you have a taste for Tuscany but just a short time in Italy, this tour is for you!
▼ Read more
The tour will focus on the famous Val D’Orcia region, visiting the historic hill towns of Montepulciano, Pienza and the vineyards of Montalcino. Explore winding streets, catch beautiful views of rolling hills from city walls, stop at a typical Tuscan farm for lunch and have plenty of time left over for sampling world-famous foods & wine – all locally produced.
- Duration: 14.5 - 15.5 hour(s)
- Available: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat
- Pick-up: Not available
- Inclusion: English-speaking assistant / 3 course lunch / Wine tasting / Souvenir map / Guided tour of Montepulciano
Package detail / Schedule Close
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
07:30 Tuscany One Day Tour begins
MontepulcianoYou will see town’s most important sights from the exposed brick Duomo and the main square to Punch’s Tower. You’ll see ancient Etruscan wells and venture deep into medieval wine cellars still used today. Enjoy some free time and explore the town on your own.
Sant’Antimo AbbeyHear the sound of Gregorian chants, performed here in the same way as they have been for centuries. Lose yourself in ancient rituals after taking some time to enjoy the view over some of Tuscany’s most beautiful vineyards.
Typical Tuscan FarmEnjoy a typical Tuscan 3 course lunch of regional dishes and try local wines in a beautiful Vineyard Tenuta Poggio il Castellare. Lunch is followed by a professional guided wine tasting of the wines produced on site.
PienzaWalk around Pienza, UNESCO World Heritage site, conceived by Pope Pius II as a “utopian village” and get information on sites you may want to visit, such as the two Renaissance palaces and the beautiful Duomo. Enjoy your free time to discover this beautiful town.
21:30-22:30 Arrive back in Rome
- This activity is not wheelchair accessible.
- Gratuity is not included in the price.
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking, comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Appropriate dress is required for entry into some sites on this tour. Knees, shoulders and backs must be covered.
- Please ensure you inform us in advance of the tour of any special dietary requirements.
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made after 07:30 local time, 3 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
Taxes & fees included
1% Reward Points
|Duration||14.5 - 15.5 hour(s)|
|Availability||Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat|
115055 4 [EN_31606_160947, EN_31606_162650, EN_31606_162651, EN_31606_169896, EN_31606_182837, EN_31606_182838]