Stockholm Swedish Cuisine Food Tasting Walking Tour
This 4-hour Stockholm Food Tour takes you on an adventure into the tastes, flavours, delights and historical significance of Swedish cuisine! Enjoy a taste of everything on your gourmet journey.
▼ Read more
Join the only food tour in Stockholm to visit Gamla Stan and Östermalms Saluhall and indulge in authentic Swedish gastronomy. Enjoy the taste of cloudberry jam, fruits, meats and fish all with the fresh, crisp flavor that only Scandinavia can produce. Discover out of the way places in the historical downtown, while tasting the most nostalgic of sweets and hearing about their history and origins.
- Duration: 4.5 hour(s)
- Available: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat
- Pick-up: Not available
- Inclusion: English-speaking guide / 7 Tastings
Package detail / Schedule Close
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
09:50 Check-in and meet your guide
10:00 Discover the best of Scandinavian cuisineStarting off in the Östermalm area, popularised by the rich, the famous and the affluent of Stockholm society, your guide will introduce you to the traditions of Swedish food at its best. From richly flavoured and exquisite cheeses to game meat and a beer that has been crowned The Gold of The North.
Enjoy an authentic Swedish lunchHead towards the heart of the city and indulge in a traditional Swedish lunch! Along the way you will also discover the crown jewel of Sweden's proud Nordic kitchen; the meatball! You will learn what types of potatoes to serve with it, why they have specific jams for it and other fun facts.
See where the cool kids goExplore the beautiful Kings Garden and head towards the south to the area that has been voted by Vogue Magazine as the “third coolest district in the world”.
Experience local traditionsThe tour will end in Old Town, an area that dates back to the 13th century and consists of medieval alleyways and architecture. Here you will be treated to some nostalgic candy and sweets and round of with the act and delights of “fika”, a very special event in Sweden.
14:00 Tour Ends
Will the tour still go ahead in bad weather?
- All tours are held rain or shine. If it's raining on the day of your tour the route will change so that you are able to go inside many of the tasting locations - there are many places stay dry! We kindly ask that you take a look at the weather forecast beforehand and dress appropriately.
Can I shop on the tour?
- Yes, its certainly possible to do some shopping at the tasting locations. Please be aware that each tour involves a great deal of coordination so your shopping time will be limited but its always possible to return to the tasting locations later. Your guides will also be very happy to direct you to any other shopping locations you may wish to visit.
Are there options for Vegetarians and people with dietary requirements?
- Of course! The tours are vegetarian friendly. Please inform of us of any dietary requirements at the time of booking. In Scandinavia vegetarian menus can include fish so please inform us if you do not eat it.
Will there be bathroom breaks?
- Yes bathrooms are available at several of the food tasting locations.
Please click HERE to send an inquiry about this activity
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made between 07:00 local time, 2 business days to 07:00 local time, 1 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 50% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made after 07:00 local time, 1 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.