Half Day Tour of Shinto Highlights of Asuka Village in Nara
Discover ancient Nara, dating back to the sixth century through visits to the Omiwa Shrine and the Ishibutai tomb. Bike around the village or bus around for an extended experience of Asuka.
▼ Read more
Middle school students: Adult fare / Kids under 6 who do not require seats: Free
- Available: Daily
Board from JR Nara Station at 9:10. free x per personBoard from JR Nara Station at 9:10. free x per person
Board from Kintetsu Nara Station at 9:15. free x per personBoard from Kintetsu Nara Station at 9:15. free x per person
- Inclusion: Bus fare / Ishibutai Kofun Tomb admission / Asuka bicycle rental / One-Day Akakame bus ticket around Asuka area
Package detail / Schedule Close
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
09:10-09:15 Start from JR Nara Station (at 9:10), or Kintetsu Nara Station (9:15)
Check in at bus information center by 20 minutes before the bus departure time
Omiwa ShrineHead up to Mount Miwa where the Omiwa shrine stands. Discover the history of one of the first Shinto shrines of Japan and see the unique Triple Torii Gates.
Ishibutai Kofun TombExplore the colossal ancient burial mound believed to be the tomb of Soga no Umako, one of the associates of Prince Shotoku.
Tour Ends at Around 12:15 at Ishibutai Kofun Tomb (Approx 3hours 15 min)
- Please check in at the sightseeing bus information center in JR or Kintetsu or Nara Statioin by 20 minutes before the bus starts.
- Children under 6 years old can ride free of charge. But, if a child uses a seat alone, elementary school child fare will be charged.
- A Japanese speaking bus guide will attend the tour.
- Please understand there may be construction works around the buildings or the statues of Buddha you visit, so there may be cases where the scenery may be different from usual, or you cannot see them.
- The places or the order of your visit may be changed. Also there may be some delay due to road conditions.
- Please note that smoking is prohibited in the bus.
- Please allow yourself enough time, for there may be some delay due to road conditions
- Please understand that there may be days the Mitsu-Torii Gates of the Omiwa Shrine will be closed due to Shinto rituals.
- Due to a limited number of bicycles for rent, please understand that there may be cases the bicycles may not be available.
- Transportation methods to return after the end of your tour:
From Asuka Station, you may take the Kintetsu trains to Osaka, Kyoto or Nagoya. (From Kashihara Shrine or Yamatoyagi Station)
- An additional 200 JPY will be required to leave the bicycle at a particular spot.
For those who do not use the bicycle service, you will receive an original souvenir.
- You will also receive a one-day Akakame sightseeing bus ticket. This ticket is only valid on the day of your tour.
Booking Requirements (# of participants, vehicles, hours, etc.)
- You can book a maximum of 7.
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made between the booking confirmation date to 1 hours prior to the activity start time will be subject to a charge of JPY 100.
- Any cancellations made after 1 hours prior to the activity start time will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.