Meinong Hakka Village and Taiwanese Indigenous Culture Tour from Kaohsiung
Feel the culture of the Hakka Chinese in Taiwan and see traditional dance, artwork, and handicrafts. Head for Sandimen to learn about the Paiwan tribe too.
Established in 1736, Meinong has preserved its traditional Hakka culture and old-world ambiance over the years. The township is well known for artistic oil-paper umbrellas and Hakka cuisine. The Taiwan Indigenous Culture Park is located in Beiye Village on the southern bank of the Ailiao River, at the hub of three aboriginal townships. The area is designed like an open-air museum showcasing the beauty of the natural environment and local aboriginal culture.
▼ Read more
- Duration (incl. transportation): 7.5 - 8.5 hour(s)
- Available: Daily
Zuoying Station free (per group)Zuoying Station free (per group)
Kaohsiung Station free (per group)Kaohsiung Station free (per group)
Select Kaohsiung Hotels free (per group)Select Kaohsiung Hotels free (per group)
Kaohsiung International Airport free (per group)Kaohsiung International Airport free (per group)
- Inclusion: Admission / English-speaking guide / Sightseeing bus fare / Hakka tea making activity / Travel insurance (2,000,000 NT) / Medical insurance (30,000 NT) / Mineral water
Package detail / Schedule Close
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
08:30-09:30 Pick-up from Zuoying Station, Kaohsiung Station, Hotels, or Airport
Meinong Hakka VillageTour the Meinong Folk Village and the historic East Gate Tower, see the Ritual Texts Furnance, then make and try some of the traditional Hakka tea!
Meining Folk VillageWander the village and enjoy lunch.
The local Hakka dishes feature thick flat rice noodles, winter melon, pork, and a range of other ingredients.
*Guests are responsible for their own lunch costs.
Sandimen Indigenous Culture ParkWatch a dance passed down through the generations, and look at the traditional handicrafts.
*The Park is closed on Mondays, so you will visit an Aboriginal Arts center instead.
17:00 Drop-off at Zuoying Station, Kaohsiung Station, Hotels, or Airport (Approximate time)
- If less than 4 participants are booked, the activity may not operate.
Required Items to Bring & Attire
- Please bring your voucher on the day of the tour.
- Wear clothes that are comfortable to walk in, and shoes with good footing.
Requirement(s) - Others
- Your passport number, name as it appears on your passport, and birthday information are required. Please input them while booking.
- This tour may be mixed with a Chinese speaking tour. The guide may operate the tour in both English and Chinese.
- No valuables storage is offered, so please leave values in the safe deposit box of your hotel.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off times will vary by the hotel you are staying at.
- The activity schedule is subject to change or cancellation due to weather or traffic conditions.
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made after 18:00 local time, 4 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.