Tainan and Coral Lake Full Day Tour from Kaohsiung
Head to Tainan, the old capital of Taiwan to see the Eternal Golden Fort and the massive Coral Lake dam, then taste regional gourmet dishes.
Enjoy a fully guided tour with an English speaking guide and learn about the history of Tainan, the old capital of Taiwan! Start from the Eternal Golden Fort, completed in 1875 and explore the iconic fortress designed to protect the coastal lands. Continue on to the Tait & Co. Merchant House, made of beautifully preserved old brick. Huge banyan trees have been shaped together to create a unique alive tree house nearby! The Wushantou Dam is another stop on the tour, and was once the largest dam reservoir in the world. From above, it looks like a coral reef, leading to the nickname of Coral Lake.
▼ Read more
- Duration (incl. transportation): 7.5 - 8.5 hour(s)
- Available: Daily
THSR Stations in Tainan and Kaohsiung free (per group)THSR Stations in Tainan and Kaohsiung free (per group)
TRA Line Stations in Tainan and Kaohsiung free (per group)TRA Line Stations in Tainan and Kaohsiung free (per group)
Tainan and Kaohsiung Hotels free (per group)Tainan and Kaohsiung Hotels free (per group)
- Inclusion: Admission / English-speaking guide / Sightseeing bus fare / Travel insurance (2,000,000 NT) / Medical insurance (30,000 NT) / Mineral water
Package detail / Schedule Close
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
08:30-09:30 Pick-up from Tainan Station, Kaohsiung Station, or Hotels
Eternal Golden CastleTour the first of Taiwan's modern forts, built to protect the coast.
Merchant House of Tait & Co. and Tree HouseThe Merchant House is one of only a handful of surviving mid-19th century buildings in the region, and is also home to century old banyan trees. The roots and trunks of the trees have been shaped into a living tree house!
Tainan SnacksBowls of noodles, "coffin sandwich" bread bowls, savory fried foods, and sweet desserts are what Tainan is famous for, so dig in!
*Guests are responsible for their own lunch and costs.
Wushantou Dam and Yoichi Hatta Memorial MuseumStop at the "Coral Lake", Wushantou Damn, where the branching rivers in and around the area give it the shape of a coral reef from the air. A museum dedicated to the architect is also an informative stop on the tour.
Xinhua Old StreetStep into Tainan's past as you walk along this well preserved road that has centuries-old buildings lining both sides of the street.
17:00 Drop-off at Tainan Station, Kaohsiung Station, or Hotels (Approximate times)
- If less than 4 participants are booked, the activity may not operate.
Required Items to Bring & Attire
- Please bring your voucher on the day of the tour.
- Wear clothes that are comfortable to walk in, and shoes with good footing.
Requirement(s) - Others
- Your passport number, name as it appears on your passport, and birthday information are required. Please input them while booking.
- This tour may be mixed with a Chinese speaking tour. The guide may operate the tour in both English and Chinese.
- No valuables storage is offered, so please leave values in the safe deposit box of your hotel.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off times will vary by the hotel you are staying at.
- The activity schedule is subject to change or cancellation due to weather or traffic conditions.
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made after 18:00 local time, 4 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.