Silfra Fissure Snorkelling Tour in Pingvellir National Park
The Silfra fissure in Þingvellir is one of Iceland’s best kept secrets. Go snorkeling in the crystal clear waters where two tectonic plates divide on this fantastic day trip from Reykjavik!
▼ Read more
Frequently rated as one of the worlds top ten dive sites, the Silfra offers up to 100 meters of underwater visibility and is located on top of the separation between plates of Europe and America!
- Duration (incl. transportation): 4 - 5 hour(s)
- Available: Daily
- Pick-up: Available
- Inclusion: Instructor / Snorkeling equipment including specially made thermal suit, neoprene hood, dry suit, neoprene gloves and neoprene shoes / Headlight and helmet
Time & Location
Time & Location
Package detail / Schedule Close
- Minimum age is 14 years or 150 cm height.
Required Items to Bring & Attire
- Warm thermal layers (Fleece/wool sweater and pants)
- Warm socks
- Change of clothing
- We recommend participants are comfortable in water and have basic swimming skills.
- Since you are wearing snorkeling / dive goggles to see underwater there can be nothing in the way of the seal to keep them from filling up with water. That is, you can not wear glasses underneath the goggles. You will have to go without them, wear eye lenses or bring your own goggles with prescription.
- The temperature in the Silfra is almost constant all year round at about 2°C.
- You can rent a good quality waterproof camera from arctic adventures for an additional 7500 ISK. The guide will put them onto a disc straight after the trip. They also sell disposable cameras at their shop / office in Reykjavík for 4500 ISK.
- Please note that on the 24th, 26th & 31st of December and the 1st of January this tour will be a 6 hour tour instead of the 4 hour regular tour, as you will be joining the Deep Into the Blue- Diving Tour.
|Credit card payment|
- Cancellation less than 2 days (48 hours) prior to the tour: 100% charge
Cancellation between 7-2 days prior to the tour: 30% charge
Cancellation more than one week (7 days) prior to the tour: 10% charge
Taxes & fees included
1% Reward Points
|Duration incl. transportation||4 - 5 hour(s)|
Share your experience with other travelers.
103464 4 [EN_31401_163459, EN_31401_163460, EN_31401_163438, EN_31401_163491, EN_31401_167971]