Hiking Day Tour to Hot Springs from Reykjavik
An easy hike into the Smokey Valley reveals plumes of steam, bubbling hot pools, and trickling thermal creeks! Discover the hot springs outside Reykjavík in Mt. Hengill and Reykjadalur Valley.
▼ Read more
This classic hike starts from the outskirts of Hveragerði, the town of hot springs and flowers, into the beautiful geothermal valley of Reykjadalur. It is a great 7 km, half-day trek that is suitable for anyone, and a unique chance to visit the hot springs for a nice bathing session- just as the locals do.
- Duration (incl. transportation): 4.5 - 6 hour(s)
- Available: Fri
- Pick-up: Available
- Inclusion: Transfer from Reykjavík (and return) / Guided hiking tour to the hot springs in Reykjadalur with a local guide and bath in the hot river
Package detail / Schedule Close
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
08:00-08:30 Pick-up from your hotel in Reykjavik
Embark on your hot spring huntThis classic hike starts from the outskirts of Hveragerði, the town of hot springs and flowers, into the beautiful geothermal valley of Reykjadalur.
Hiking to the hot SpringsIn the "Steam Valley" naturally hot water flows down of the slopes of Hellisheiði mountain range, creating the ideal place to bathe in a hot river. The valley also has an amazing abundance of geothermal hot springs.
Bathe in the naturally hot riverYou will witness everything from small gurgling melting pots to vibrant super heated pools of water. After exploring these wonders of nature we hike back down into the town of Hveragerði.
13:00-14:00 Drop-off back in Reykjavik
- Children 10 years old and above can participate in this activity.
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made between the booking confirmation date to 22:00 local time, 8 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 10% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made between 22:00 local time, 8 business days to 10:00 local time, 2 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 30% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made after 10:00 local time, 2 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.