The Borders Country and Alnwick Castle Day Tour from Edinburgh Instant Confirmation
An ideal day trip from Edinburgh for Harry Potter & Downton Abbey fans! Visit Alnwick Castle, film location of Harry Potter and Downton Abbey. Journey south across the Scottish Border into England.
▼ Read more
- Duration (incl. transportation): 8 hour(s)
- Available: Wed, Sat
- Pick-up: Available
- Inclusion: Bus fare / English-speaking guide
Package detail / Schedule Close
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
09:00 Pick up from your Central Edinburgh Hotel / Guest House
The HirselThe first stop will be at "The Hirsel" a country house and estate where you can enjoy some homemade treats.
The Holy Island of LindisfarneAn hours stop at The Holy Island of Lindisfarne which is a tidal island off the northeast coast of England. It is also known just as Holy Island. Lindisfarne is internationally famous both for its medieval religious heritage and also its picturesque 16th century castle.
Alnwick Castle - Film Location for Harry Potter and Downton Abbey (2.5h)Alnwick Castle is the second largest inhabited castle in the UK; home to the Duke of Northumberland's family, the Percys, for over 700 years. Visitors to Alnwick Castle in 2015 can explore a brand new Downton Abbey exhibition, featuring photography, costumes, and props from the filming.
"Downton Abbey" in Alnwick CastleIn recent years it has also taken starring roles in a number of film and television productions, featuring as Brancaster Castle in Downton Abbey's 2014 Christmas special and Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in the Harry Potter films.
17:00 Drop-off at hotel in Edinburgh
- Children 4 years old and above can participate in this activity.
Required Items to Bring & Attire
- Students are required to bring valid Student ID prior to departure.
- Admission is npt included in the price, please pay for admission upon arrival.
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made after 09:00 local time, 1 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.