DMZ and 2nd Infiltration Tunnel Tour (Monday 08:00~16:30)
Discover the history within the Korean Demilitarized zone as you visit the 2nd Tunnel and the Cheorwon Peace Observatory, where you can see into North Korea.
Head up to Cheorwon, on the edge of the Demilitarized Zone, for a full day tour of the border between North and South Korea. Excavated by North Korea, the 2nd Tunnel is more than 2 meters meters high and 2 meters wide, large enough to move tanks, field artillery, and thousands of troops per hour, all cut deep under the bedrock of the DMZ. You will also visit Woljeongri Station, once the link between the regions, but now abandoned, with even the train on the tracks cut in half, a standing reminder of the peninsula's state.
▼ Read more
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
07:50 Check-in at the 7th floor of the Hotel President in Seoul
Departure for Cheorwon
Hantangang Tourism Office
Tour of the 2nd TunnelExcavated by North Korea, this massive tunnel is more than 2 meters meters high and 2 meters wide with an arch shape large enough to move tanks, field artillery, and 30,000 troops per hour, deep under the bedrock of the DMZ.
Cheorwon Peace ObservatorySee panoramic views of North Korea, the Demilitarized Zone, and the Cheorwon plain from the observatory. Ride the monorail to the observatory, making the climb into a simple trip.
LunchRest and enjoy a Korean lunch of bulgogi.
Departure for Seoul
16:30 Tour ends at the Lotte Hotel
- If less than 5 participants are booked, the activity may not operate.
- You can not participate if you do not bring your passport.
- You must walk a steep slope to enter the 2nd Tunnel. No monorail or other vehicles are available to tour the tunnel.
Required Items to Bring & Attire
Requirement(s) - Others
- The area is under military control, so the tour schedule may be changed. Please call the contact number on your voucher the day before the tour, to confirm the tour details.
- At least 3 days before the tour, please enter the name and passport numbers of all participants in 'Required Information'. If this is not done your reservation may be cancelled. If the names of participants given do not match that on their passport (due to marriage, spelling mistakes, passport renewal etc.) then you may not be able to participate. You must notify us of any changes to your name/passport. This can be done up to 3 days before the tour.
- The tour's schedule is subject to change or cancellation due to weather, traffic conditions and any potential military action.
- Drinking alcohol is prohibited on tour.
- Some areas may not be photographed. Please follow your guide's instructions on the day of the tour.
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made between 12:00 local time, 3 business days to 12:00 local time, 2 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 50% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made after 12:00 local time, 2 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.