Pompeii and Mt. Vesuvius Day Trip from Rome plus Original Pizza from Naples Instant Confirmation
Visit Pompeii and take a journey back in time to the Ancient Rome! See the magnificent Mt. Vesuvius volcano and enjoy traditional Neapolitan Pizza for lunch.
▼ Read more
Pompeii and Mt. Vesuvius Day Trip from Rome plus Original Pizza from Naples
Pompeii is the stuff of legends, and has inspired countless documentaries, movies and books. The UNESCO World Heritage site is truly a fascinating chapter in the book of Ancient Roman history and now you can experience it for yourself, in the company of an expert guide, on this Pompeii Day Trip from Rome.
Depending on the season your tour will either be complemented by a heart-racing, face-to-face encounter with the mouth of Mount Vesuvius volcano in summer, or a fascinating visit to the Archaeological Museum that houses the most important artefacts excavated from Pompeii in winter.
- Duration: 12.5 hour(s)
- Available: Daily
- Pick-up: Not available
- Inclusion: Admission / English-speaking guide / Lunch (Traditional Neapolitan Pizza & a drink of choice)
Package detail / Schedule Close
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
07:45 Coach transfer to Pompei
Mount Vesuvius (April - October)In the summer season your will be transferred to the summit of Mt. Vesuvius volcano where you can hike to the crater and enjoy an incredible view of the bay of Naples below.
Archeological Museum of Pompeii (November - March)In the winter season, enjoy a visit of the Archeological Museum of Pompeii which houses an exclusive collection of original artifacts removed from Pompeii during excavations, making it a perfect complement to your visit!
Lunch break - enjoy world famous Neapolitan pizza!
PompeiiYou will enter with your Skip the Line ticket and walk along Pompeii's main streets, visit the forum and view the startling plaster death casts of the victims of the catastrophic eruption that destroyed the city – freezing forever in time a moment that would live on in history.
19:30 Arrival back to Rome
- Gratuity is not included in the price.
- Please ensure you inform us in advance of the tour of any special dietary requirements.
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking, comfortable shoes are recommended.
- In rare cases of inclement weather or strikes, the crater of Vesuvius may be closed to visitors. If this is the case an alternative visit to the Archeological Museum of Pompeii will be included, or an alternative of equal value.
- The hike up to the crater of Vesuvius is optional and requires a good level of general fitness to complete. The hike is uphill at a 14 degree angle and 20 minutes long (about 1 mile). The hike is prevalently on soft ground, adequate footwear is recommended. Those who choose may remain at the parking area and enjoy the views.
- Temperatures on the Volcano may be a bit lower than temperatures on the ground, a sweater or light jacket is recommended, especially outside of the summer months.
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made after 07:30 local time, 3 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
Taxes & fees included
1% Reward Points
LATEST 5-STAR REVIEWS
Andy (or Andrew - he has long black hair) did our tour and he is one of the best tour guides we've ever had! He is funny and very knowledgeable. The long commutes weren't boring. He hiked Mt Vesuvius ...more
115154 4 [EN_31606_160947, EN_31606_160968, EN_31606_182837, EN_31606_182838]