Simple Japanese Kintsugi Gold Repair Technique Class near Shin Koenji
Kintsugi is the Japanese art of fixing broken pottery using lacquer dusted or mixed with powdered gold. Create beauty out of breakages, and enjoy a truly unique work of art.
Fix your own pottery, or create an entirely new object through this elegant form of 'gold repair', where the lines of gold celebrate the history of the object!
▼ Read more
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
10:00 Meet at Kuge Crafts
10:00 Kintsugi ExperienceLearn and practice the basics of Kintsugi on one chipped pottery item. First, smooth out the area then carefully apply the golden powder and lacquer to make the pottery shine again!
Coffee BreakWhile you wait for the first coat of lacquer to dry, enjoy a cup of coffee and some tasty sweets!
Finishing TouchesYour completed work will take about a day to completely dry. You can come back and pick it up the next day or whenever is more convenient for you.
12:00 Experience Ends at Kuge Crafts
- Children 11 years old and above can participate in this activity.
- The Kintsugi repairs take about one day to set. Please either return to pick up your item or arrange to have it shipped to you.
- You will use a small cup, plate or other pottery item to learn the technique during class.
- The owner can speak very basic English. Knowledge of Japanese would be helpful, but is not necessary.
Booking Requirements (# of participants, vehicles, hours, etc.)
- You can book a maximum of 4.
|Credit card payment|
- There are no cancellation fees charged, but we ask that you cancel promptly if you need to.
Taxes & fees included
1% Reward Points
|Availability||Sun, Wed, Thu, Sat|
LATEST 5-STAR REVIEWS
I went here with my girlfriend and we thoroughly enjoyed the session. Yoshiichiro and Yoshiko were gracious hosts. I loved the coffee, apple tea and fruitcake that Mrs Kuge prepared as well.
The hosts Yoshiko and Yoshiichiro, were warm, welcoming and friendly on arrival. The class had a relaxed atmosphere and they were extremely knowledgeable teachers. Limited English language though smil...more
116573 4 [EN_10011_181340, EN_10011_181341, EN_10011_181346, EN_10011_181410, EN_10011_181411]