Edo Kiriko Glass Cutting Experience in Asakusa
Learn how to make elegant cut glass in the traditional Edo Kiriko style when visiting Tokyo. Create your own unique designs, and take home a little bit of Japanese culture!
▼ Read more
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
10:30 Meet at sokichi
Begin Glass Cutting ExperienceThe first floor is the gallery and you will be working in the second floor.
Glass SelectionPick from 10 types of glasses.
Watch the InstructorThe instructor will show a sample on how it is done. You will receive step by step instructions, so beginners will be comfortable during the process.
Sketching the BottomYou will draw an outline of the design you would like on the bottom of the glass first.
Practice CarvingGet a hang of how the carving is done with a practice glass.
CarvingYou will begin etching from the bottom. Carefully carve out your design according to your preferred thickness.
Sketching the SidesContinue drawing on the side of the glass and repeat the process of carving.
Complete!You finished making your very own traditional Edo-style Kiriko glass cup of your own.
12:00-12:30 Activity Ends at sokichi
Required Items to Bring & Attire
- We recommend that you bring glasses if you are farsighted or nearsighted. Guests with long hair should also bring something to tie back their hair with.
- We will put your work in a box, and hand it to you on the day.
- You can choose your favorite glass from a variety of types.
- Up to 6 persons can participate in one lesson.
If there are more than 6 persons in your party, we will ask you to split into 2 groups, and take lessons separately in different time slots.
We can also offer a 2-hour course for 12 persons, if our schedule allows.
- Please tell us in advance if you plan to bring people who will not be participating in the glass cutting with you. As this workshop requires concentration, we may not be able to accommodate them.
- This tour will be held only in Japanese.
Booking Requirements (# of participants, vehicles, hours, etc.)
- You can book a maximum of 6.
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made after 19:00 local time, 1 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
Taxes & fees included
1% Reward Points
|Duration||1.5 - 2 hour(s)|
LATEST 5-STAR REVIEWS
This was again a very tricky place to find, but in a tiny studio there were 6 stations to work at and 6 students. We were given samples to look at and choose from. It was very tricky, but very doable ...more
127048 4 [EN_10011_181340, EN_10011_181342, EN_10011_181346]