Cycling Tour of Historic Kyoto with an English Speaking Guide
From Kyoto Station, bike around the city's most beautiful historic and spiritual locations. Pedal by the Kamo River, iconic Heian Shrine, Nanzenji Temple and the Philosopher's Path!
Meet up at the Tourist Information Center of Kyoto Station and start the cycling tour. Your English-speaking guide will take you cycling around Kyoto's best historic locations. Ride along the Kamogawa river, stop in at Nanzenji Temple and Heian Shrine to soak up the culture of Kyoto and continue along down the Philosopher's Path. The tour will end back at Kyoto Station, making this a satisfying day tour.
▼ Read more
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
08:30 Check-in In Front of Kyoto Tourist Information Center
08:45 Cycle Along the Kamo RiverCycle past Kyoto's downtown area and enjoy the breezes off the Kamogawa. In spring the riverside is a great spot to see cherry blossoms!
Heian ShrineStop in at the famous Heian Jingu (Heian Shrine) and admire the scenery of its detailed buildings and statues. This dramatic shrine was built to commemorate the 1100th anniversary of the founding of the capital.
Nanzenji TempleOne of Kyoto's most important Zen temples, Nanzenji offers gorgeous gardens, remains of an aqueduct and views of the beautiful mountains nearby. Make sure you bring a camera!
Path of PhilosophyThis river path is beautiful in every season, from sakura in spring to the colorful leaves in the fall. Along the way you will see lots of tiny temples, cute cafes and interesting little shops.
Cycle Back to Kyoto Station
12:15 Tour Disbands at Kyoto Station
- Children 12 years old and above can participate in this activity.
- Items of a personal nature and gratuities for your guide are not included in the tour price.
- The maximum number of participants on this tour is 12 people.
- Tofukuji will be closed at certain points during the year for annual Buddhist rituals. When Tofukuji is closed, participants will instead visit Sanjusangendo.
Sites will be closed from Dec. 29th-Jan. 3rd.
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made after 17:00 local time, 2 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.