Tokyo After Dark: Foodie Walking Tour to Discover Local Flavors
Eat your way through Tokyo, and start out your night right! Visit Yakitori Alley for some grilled chicken, hop over to Tsukishima for monjayaki, savor sweets in Ginza and end the night in a local pub.
Take a tour of Tokyo after 5 with an English-speaking guide. Try out several favorite local foods such as yakitori (grilled chicken skewers), monjayaki (a delicious pan-fried batter with various ingredients), and traditional Japanese sweets. You can also sample local sake or beer, but if you don't drink or if you're bringing your kids, don't worry. Non-alcoholic drinks will be served as well. Enjoy the atmosphere of nighttime Tokyo while you eat, drink and make new friends.
▼ Read more
- Duration: 3.5 hour(s)
- Available: Daily
- Pick-up: Not available
- Inclusion: Transportation fee / English-speaking guide / Five assorted skewered yakitori, monjayaki, one wagashi, and one local drink (sake, beer).
Package detail / Schedule Close
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
16:50 Meet Up at JR Yurakucho Station Central Exit
17:00 Yakitori AlleyEnjoy yakitori in its birthplace, Yakitori Alley in Yurakucho. As its name suggests, it is home to several restaurants serving yakitori (grilled chicken skewers). Have a drink of sake or beer to go with this local favorite.
Monja Street in TsukishimaAfter finishing your yakitori, your guide will bring you to Tsukishima's "Monja Street". This area is where monjayaki was first made and is still a big local favorite. Enjoy the fresh dish made of several ingredients mixed into a batter and cooked right in front of you on a grill.
Walk Through GinzaYou will then take a walk around some of Ginza's sweets shops. Choose one traditional sweet to try... you will be spolt for choice!
Local Izakaya (Pub)The last stop on the tour will be a local izakaya, a Japanese-style pub. Follow the guide back to the meeting point or hang out in the pub after the tour ends. If you like, ask your guide for recommendations about other local bars, pubs and other interesting places to spend the rest of your evening.
20:00 Tour Disbands at JR Yurakucho Station
- Children 12 years old and above can participate in this activity.
- Any other drinks aside from the one choice listed above and tips for your guide are not included in the tour price.
- The legal drinking age in Japan is 20 years old. Those under 20 will be served non-alcoholic drinks only.
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made after 17:00 local time, 2 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.