Traditional Japanese Sweets Making Experience in Arashiyama
Learn how to make beautiful wagashi, the traditional cutely shaped sweets of Japan! An experienced instructor will assist you as you make flower and fruit shaped treats.
▼ Read more
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
09:05 Meet at Kanshundo Sagano Branch
09:15 Japanese Wagashi Class (1 hour)Guests will be able to make different cakes every month, to match the season.
Spring: Nanohana and sakura flowers, olive-green birds etc
Summer: Blue-flag flower, China-pink flower, morning-bells etc
Autumn: Daisy, Maple, Ginkgo nut etc
Winter: Plum flower, camellia, pine needles etc
10:15 Matcha Tea and Sweets Time (10 minutes)Enjoy sampling the sweets you made along with a cup of green tea.
10:30 Activity Ends at Kanshundo Sagano Branch
- If less than 2 participants are booked, the activity may not operate.
- Children 5 years old and above can participate in this activity.
Requirement(s) - Others
- We have aprons and towels available.
- You will be provided with a souvenir box to carry your sweets.
- This activity is operated in Japanese.
Booking Requirements (# of participants, vehicles, hours, etc.)
- You can book a maximum of 20.
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made between 18:00 local time, 2 business days to 18:00 local time, 1 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 50% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made after 18:00 local time, 1 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
- Should you need to change your booking(number of people, time), contact Kanshundo Higashi-ten by 16:00 previous day.
may not be able to change schedule on the day
Taxes & fees included
1% Reward Points
LATEST 5-STAR REVIEWS
It was a great experience. I followed the workshop with my mother, and there was also one other Japanese couple. Although the explanation of the workshop itself was in Japanese, the sensei explained ...more
I went with my mom and we had lots of fun. Instructions are in Japanese but hands on demonstaration makes everything very clear. Loved it!
116585 4 [EN_10012_181317, EN_10012_181323, EN_10012_181410, EN_10012_181411]