Make a Geisha Hana Kanzashi Flower Hair Ornament in Kyoto
Fold, twist and transform fabric to create a unique kanzashi hair ornament, the same type that is used by Kyoto geisha. You can learn this amazing art and make a one of a kind souvenir.
▼ Read more
- Duration: 1 - 2 hour(s)
- Available: Sun, Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri, Sat
- Pick-up: Not available
- Inclusion: Japanese-speaking instructor / Kanzashi hair ornament lesson / Standard materials for your personal hair accessory
Package detail / Schedule Close
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
Starting time: 10:00 - 16:00 (Show details)
10:00 Meet at Dekobokoan
Kanzashi Ornament Making (1~2 hours)Discover the secret behind the maiko and geisha's ornate hair accessories, then make your very own. Tsumami zaiku is a type of delicate craft passed down for centuries, and now you get to try it yourself. Just choose the type of kanzashi hair ornament to make.
Fabric FoldingThe instructor will teach you how to turn chirimen fabric into a personal and vibrant hair ornament. From scraps of fabric to a blooming flower, discover the joy of creation.
Piecing It TogetherCarefully put it together with glue and connect all the individual petals.
CompletionYour brand new hair ornament is complete and ready to take home with you. Wear it for amazing flair and a perfect reminder of your time in historic Kyoto.
Shop AroundAfter your experience, take this time to explore the store to find some gorgeous hair pins, scarf clips and other beautiful accessories that make perfect gift or souvenirs.
11:00-12:00 Lesson ends at Dekobokoan (times may vary)
- Children 6 years old and above can participate in this activity.
Requirement(s) - Others
- Depending on the grade of kanzashi and materials you choose, there may be additional fees from 100 to 1,550 JPY. If so, please make payment on the day.
- Group sessions for 13 people or more are available. Please let us know when booking, and we will do our best to accommodate you,
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made after 1 hours prior to the activity start time will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
Taxes & fees included
1% Reward Points
|Duration||1 - 2 hour(s)|
|Availability||Sun, Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri, Sat|
LATEST 5-STAR REVIEWS
by: Desirie Simmons
I really enjoyed creating my own kanzashi and would recommend it. The instructors were helpful and patient.
The instructor was very courteous and it was a wonderful time, chatting as we worked. I want to go again and make another type!
by: Shona M
The instructor is patient and kind. She really knows what she's doing and shows you everything you need to know to make beautiful fabric flowers in the Japanese style.
119234 4 [EN_10012_181340, EN_10012_181346, EN_10012_181420, EN_10012_181411, EN_10012_181410]