Private Tour of Kyoto Temples and Zen Meditation at Shorinji Temple
Let a Zen master teach you Zazen meditation, and experience the culture of the temples during a walking tour of Tofukuji Temple and Fushimi Inari Shrine.
Step into the world of the monks as you practice Zazen meditation at Shorinji Temple before learning about the history of Zen Buddhism during your guided tour of Tofukuji Temple. See the other side of Japanese spirituality at the many shrines of Kyoto, including the beautiful Fushimi Inari Shrine, where thousands of vibrant torii gates lead up the mountain. Let yourself enjoy the peace and harmony of Kyoto.
▼ Read more
- Duration (incl. transportation): 4 hour(s)
- Available: Daily
- Pick-up: Available
- Inclusion: Admission / Guidance in the language of your choice / Travel expenses during the tour.
Package detail / Schedule Close
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
09:00 Meet at Lobby of Your Hotel
Shorinji TempleLearn Zazen meditation from a Zen master as you begin to understand the breathing practices of meditation. You might even discover some of the secrets of enlightenment!
TofukujiWalk through the colossal gate of Tofukuji and explore the beautiful architecture and artworks throughout the area.
Fushimi Inari ShrineVisit one of the most popular spots of Kyoto. The crimson torii gates lead you up the mountain where the ancient shrine quietly stands.
13:00 Tour ends at Fushimi Inari Shrine
- Our services are mainly offered in English, but Chinese, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Russian, Korean and Portuguese are also available.
- Fees for transportation during the tour are included. However, for the use of taxis or hired cars there will be additional charges.
- Meals, beverages and sightseeing activities are not included.
- Please follow the guide's instructions during the program to make sure you do not get into any accidents.
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made between 18:00 local time, 15 business days to 18:00 local time, 3 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 20% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made between 18:00 local time, 3 business days to 18:00 local time, 2 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 50% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made after 18:00 local time, 2 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.