Evening Food Tour of Golden Gai in Shinjuku
See the nostalgic side of Shinjuku with this food tour. Stroll through Omoide Yokocho (memory lane) for some kushikatsu meat skewers then taste various Japanese dishes in Kabuchicho and Golden Gai.
This foodie walking tour of three Shinjuku neighborhoods will allow you to get a glimpse into the Showa Era. Many pubs, izakayas and eateries in Omoide Yokocho (literally meaning "memory lane" in English) and Golden Gai are just as they were in the 1950s in both atmosphere and menu style. You'll also get a look at the bustling world of Kabukicho at night and have the chance to try food from a local eatery famous for its southern Japan-style dishes.
▼ Read more
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
17:20 Meet at the Police Box in JR East Exit for Kabukicho
Omoide YokochoOmoide Yokocho ("memory lane" in Japanese) offers a nostalgic look back at the 1950s. Many bars have been around the area since that time and are continuing with the mid-20th century atmosphere. Enjoy that same nostalgia through the food which stays true to the time as well.
KabukichoNext make your way through Kabukicho and try some kushikatsu (skewered meat and vegetables). Enjoy the bustling atmosphere of this district before stopping in at a restaurant with a menu of dishes from the south of Japan including char grilled chicken, miso and vegetables, yakisoba and more.
Golden GaiFinally the tour will reach the Golden Gai area where you will find an array of interesting izakaya and pubs. Similar to Omoide Yokocho, Golden Gai also has a mid-20th century feel but a more expensive range of drinks and food for its wealthier clientele.
20:30 Tour ends in Golden Gai
- Under the law of Japan, alcohol can be ordered by participants over 20 years of age only.
- Additional meals and drinks not listed in the inclusions is not included in the tour fare.
- If you arrive more than 10 minutes late after your meeting time, you will not be able to join the tour.
Booking Requirements (# of participants, vehicles, hours, etc.)
- You can book a maximum of 12.
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made after 20:00 local time, 2 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.